DS, is the sole proprietor of Mind’s Eye Photography, which was started in 2001, it Aiken, SC, and he is a member of Aiken Artist Guild, Art Association of Ridge Spring, the North Augusta Artist Guild. He is also a juried member of the "South Carolina Artisans Center", that has been designated as "The Official Folk Art and Craft center of South Carolina" in 1998 by our state legislators, and a Juried member in the "Arts and Heritage Center of North Augusta, SC"
DS, is in his Fourth career, now as a self taught Photographer, after being a mechanical engineer, an automobile dealer, and a real estate broker. All during these times he was still pursuing the field of photography, that he discovered and loved during his time In the Navy during the Vietnam war. He is often referred to as a “Landscape Photographer” but has explored many other genres of photography including, Street Photography, Abstract Photography, & Travel Photography, but the love of just creating the image is what really motivates him to continue the quest to capture a moment in time. He believes that the “Art Of Seeing” is the key ingredient of any good photographer, and also believes that this ability can be learned.
He has been honored with winning 63 awards, and has been selected 4 times for the “Artist- In-Residence” program by the South Carolina State Parks.
His work is on permanent display at the Aiken County government building and many S.C. State Parks, and also many private collections, plus he has been published both in the US and internationally.
• South Carolina Rural Health
• Aiken's Band "Anybody's Guess"
• Talatha Baptish Church
• Art Associations of Ridge Spring
• Aiken County Government
• City Of Aiken, SC
• Aiken Tourism Board
• Gaston Livery Stables
• "Avenue Of The Oaks" was the 3rd place winner at the "Dogwood Festival" 2020 at Jim Harrison Gallery
• At NNAG "Fall Into Art" exhibition, received "People's Choice Award" for Ocean Cruise
• Won 1st place in the the "South Carolina Rural Health" art competition in Aug. 2019, with photo titled "Here Comes The Sun"
• Won "Peoples Choice" award at my opening reception at the Arts & Heritage Center of North Augusta on Aug.15, 2019 for photo titled "Sky Rim".
• Blessed with winning 3rd place in photography at the Dogwood Festival Apr. 2019, at Jim Harrisons Art Gallery.
• Won 2nd. place in photography at the "Fall Into Art" show with the North Augusta Artist Guild at the North Augusta Arts & Heritage Center, with photo titled "Rock & a Hard Place"
• Won 2-1st. places and 2-2nd. places at the Western Carolina State Fair in Aiken.
• Won 2nd. Place at Arts & Heritage Center Of North Augusta "Open Session" exhibit with "Morning Calm"
• Honored with 1st. place at Aiken Artist Guild Members Show 2018, with photo Titled "Morning Calm"
• Received 3rd place in photography at Jim Harrison Gallery in the Dogwood Festival.
• Apr. 2018 Won "Honorable Mention" at Spring Fest in N.Aug.
• Oct. 2017 Won 1st. place at the "Western Carolina State Fair" in the Fine Art Photography.
• 2017 May-Won 3rd place in photography at Aiken Artist Guild-Members Show
• 2017 Won 1st. and 2nd. place in Photography in the "The Dogwood Festival" at the "Jim Harrison Gallery" in Denmark, SC
• 2016 Won 2nd Place at N.Augusta Art Center
• Aiken Homes & Lifestyle Magazine
• GASTON LIVERY STABLE CALENDAR
• S.C.WILDLIFE CALENDAR
• SRP Federal Credit Union CALENDAR
• COVER OF "VISIT AIKEN" MAGAZINE
• USA TODAY web site
• British mag. "Practical Photography"
• South Carolina Wildlife Magazine